WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
To download the archived recording, click HERE
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE HOW TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW IN iTUNES!!
Hosts: Craig Sauve, Ken McMurray, Joshua Hind
Special Contributors: Amie Watson, CKUT News Collective, Tom O.
Technical Production: Joshua Hind
Music from the Show (w/ the approx. time it was played)
- 7:08am – “Apathy” by The Joe
- From the album: Float or Flail
- 7:30am – “New Armor” by Awesome New Republic
- From the EP: New Armor
- 8:46am – “Warp 1977” by The Bloody Beetroots
- From the album: Roborama
Amie’s Food Report
- Amie talks to the folks from Chantilly’s Catering and brings us the weekly “Seekrit List”
Municipal Headlines with Ken McMurray and Craig Sauve
- Victory over condo-development. City finally approves land deal on co-op housing:
- Verdun mayor mulls options on Nun’s Island school:
- Jacques-Cartier and Champlain Bridges Inc cites two articles for not handing over info on Champlain Bridge. Will they cough up the report once the bridge has collapsed?:
- Cycling in Montreal continues to gain in popularity:
- People would like bike-boxes at metro stations:
- Villa Maria metro to re-open next Tuesday:
The Action Items
- Ethical Oil?
- Small amounts of homework reveal that one of the investors in the Keystone XL project is…the Saudi government!!
- Summary: http://priceofoil.org/2011/08/31/report-exporting-energy-security-keystone-xl-exposed/
- Full Report: http://priceofoil.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/OCIKeystoneXLExport-Fin.pdf
- National Fight on the Horizon over GSAs?
- Decision of Toronto Catholic School Board placing one set of rights over another will certainly require clarification by the Supreme Court
- A quick look at Section 15 of the Charter tells us that we’re all equal and that there’s no hierarchy of rights
- Consumerism as Cure?
- University of Waterloo study finds that building shopping malls in small towns is a great way to kill a small town
- Le Festival des films du monde is on. Check online for schedules and free outdoor films
- La Fete des Vendanges in Magog, QC starts this weekend. Outdoor tastings of local food and wine in the picturesque Eastern Townships