On this week’s show…
- Amie’s Food Report
- The Red Square Report – a special report on the ongoing student strike
- Municipal Headlines
- The last episode of the JHR Rights Report
- The Action Items
- Music and more…
7:06: Amie’s Food Report:
- Amie speaks with cookbook author and chef Hari Nayak about his cookbook “My Indian Kitchen”. It’s one of Amie’s favourite Indian cookbooks and features recipes from all over India, not just the northern dishes served at most restaurants – so coconut, curry leaves, seafood, pork, and made-from-scratch spice blends all combined with gorgeous photography since this is a book you’ll want to eat with your eyes as well as your stomach.
- Sample Recipes for smoky eggplant dip, lamb burgers, spiced potatoes, pistachio cookies, and Mangalorean fish curry: http://www.myindiankitchen.com/recipe-gallery
- Part 2 of Amie’s special interview will air next week at the same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel!!
7:23: Music: Sam Roberts – “The Canadian Dream”
- From the album: We Were Born In A Flame
7:30: The Red Square Report:
- Stefan Christoff comes into the studio to talk about yesterday’s massive protest. What did it achieve? Where does the movement go from here??
7:50: Municipal Headlines:
- Hard to say what the numbers were. 200k? or 300K? Loads of people in the streets:
- Adjustment to bill concerning brutality by police :
- A large number of employees out of work affects the local economy:
- Is the A440 extension through the West Island about to make news again?
8:16: Music: The Bright Light Social Hour – “Back and Forth”
- From the album: The Bright Light Social Hour
8:22: JHR Rights Report with Adam Bemma:
- Back episodes of the Rights Report: http://rabble.ca/category/podcasts/current-affairs/journalists-human-rights
8:46: Action Items:
- The Alberta Provincial Election – When Conservatives Attack!!
- Transit Mess in Toronto – LRT vs. Subways turns ugly, especially for the pro-subway crowd
- It’s NDP Convention Time!! Who’s gonna win?? Anyone banking on a surprise??
- Hosts: Joshua Hind, Ken McMurray, Inna Tarabukhina
- Special Contributors: Amie Watson, Adam Bemma
- On-Air Production: Joshua Hind