WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
To download the archived recording, click HERE
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE HOW TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW IN iTUNES!!
- Amie Watson
- Adam Bemma
- Paul the Courier
On-Air Production: Joshua Hind
7:06: Music: Bassnectar – “Above And Beyond”
- From the album: Divergent Spectrum
7:11: Amie’s Food Report:
This week Amie spoke with baker and owner Philippe Sayad at Boulangerie Capucine et Tournesol, a whole-grain, no refined sugar bakery located on rue Bernard in the Mile End. She says, ‘When I entered the store Philippe was busy in his open kitchen in the back, but kindly took a break from mixing and kneading to speak with me about the spelt, kamut, wheat and rye muffins, sourdough and yeast breads for sale in the over twenty year-old bakeshop.
7:20: Music: Julia Kent – “Ailanthus”
- From the album: Green and Grey
7:29: Interview – Sharlanne McStay from Taking it Global:
8:40: Municipal Headlines:
- Now AMT says it’s secretive because they’re awaiting a ministerial thumbs up? Oookay:
- And in other transit news, more express buses to come in the spring:
- Report on Turcot to be made public today:
- City to save some dough through attrition:
- Women’s shelters overwhelmed:
- Recap of public question period at City Hall on Monday, November 21st. (5:00)
- Last borough council meetings of the year (3:00):
- Plateau Mont-Royal: Monday, December 5, at 7pm, at La Maison de la Culture du Plateau-Mont-Royal, 465 Mont-Royal East (Mont-Royal metro; buses 11 and 97)
- Ville-Marie: Monday, December 12, 7pm, Salle du conseil, 800 De Maisonneuve East, rez-de-chaussée
- Villeray–St-Michel–Parc-Extension: Tuesday, December 6, 7pm, Salle du conseil, 405 Ogilvy, room 201 (near Parc metro; 80/535, 16, and 92 bus lines)
- Rosemont–La-Petite-Patrie: Monday, December 5, 7pm, 5650 D’Iberville, 2nd floor, Salle Jean-Drapeau
- Outremont: Monday, December 5, 7pm, at 543 Côte-Ste-Catherine (buses 51 and 129)
- Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce: Monday, December 5, 7pm, at the Monkland Community Centre (4410 West Hill) (buses 162, 104, and 105)
- Verdun: Tuesday, December 6, 7pm, at 4555 Verdun St, Room 205 (near Verdun metro)
- If we haven’t mentioned your borough, then please go to the following website to find out:
8:00: Interview – Matt Leddy from “The City Streets”
- In September, we interviewed Rick Reid of the City Streets. He and bandmate Matt Leddy were going to Haiti in November to work with an organization called All Hands Volunteers and will be involved in a reconstruction project called Project Leogane.
- Matt is back for an update.
- Project Leogane (http://hands.org/projects/project-leogane/) is assisting in the recovery process caused by the earthquake in January 2010.
8:18: JHR Rights Report by Adam Bemma
- Back episodes of the Rights Report: http://rabble.ca/category/podcasts/current-affairs/journalists-human-rights
8:33: Music: Gabrielle Papillon – “Years In Our Bones”
- From the album: The Currency of Poetry
8:38: Action Items
Crisis in a Northern Ontario native community is just starting to get some coverage, three weeks in. Help is desperately needed from the Federal and Provincial Gov’ts:
- Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development, John Duncan:
- Ontario Minister of Health, Deb Matthews:
- Ontario Minister of Aboriginal Affairs, Kathleen Wynne:
- APTN article with video interview:
- Report of possible $2.5M funding from Feds:
- Charlie Angus op-ed in the Huffington Post:
- Facebook page with regularly updated information about Attawapiskat: