WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
To download the archived recording, click HERE
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE HOW TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW IN iTUNES!!
Hosts: Ken McMurray, Joshua Hind
Special Contributors: Amie Watson, Caroline Kunzle Adam Bemma, , Tom O.
On-Air Production: Joshua Hind
Music from the Show (w/ the approx. time it was played)
- 7:05am: We Are the City – “Morning Song”
- From the double-sided 7″ Morning Song/Mourning Song
- 7:22am: Yo Majesty – “Cherry Pop”
- 8:33am: Tanya Tagaq – “Force”
- From the album, Auk/Blood
Amie’s Food Report
- Interview with Tim Murphy of Santropol Roulant about the upcoming 100-Mile Meal and Community Dinner taking place at restaurant Robin des Bois (4653 Saint-Laurent, corner of Villeneuve)
- 6pm-9pm, Sunday, October 16th (two Sundays from nowfree event but reserve your tickets in advance (sliding scale suggested donation: $15-$30) for a four-course meal with wine.
- reserve tickets by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Santropol Roulant office
- 111 Roy St. E., or phone 514-284-9335
- indicate dietary restrictions upon reserving
Municipal Headlines w/ Ken McMurray
- Panopoly at City Hall? Excellent article:
- Calls for Jacques Duchesneau to look into the Train de l’Est:
- And here’s why:
- Projet against tolls exclusively on the new Champlain Bridge:
- Île Charron to stay totally as parkland:
- Three Péquistes want a commuter train line to St-Jean-sur-Richelieu. Good:
- Old planetarium closes its doors:
The Action Items
- Canada-Wide Provincial Election Recap-o-rama
- Despite taking small losses in popular vote percentage, the Liberals were returned with another massive majority, winning 22 of 27 seats.
- 41% of Islanders voted Conservative, 41% voted Liberal in General Election
- Voter Turnout: 53%https://webmail.connect.cirquedusoleil.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://munaca.com/node/338
- Manitoba, like PEI returned their government to power (in this case the NDP) with essentially the same number of seats they had at dissolution.
- 53% of Manitobans voted Conservative in General Election, only 26% voted NDP. (Compared to 46% NDP vote in Prov. Elec.)
- Voter Turnout: 57%
- NWT runs it’s government without parties
- 15 MLAs were elected from across the territory, with 5 new candidates joining the legislature.
- 3 candidates were acclaimed.
- No person has ever served twice as Premier
- 45% of NWT’ers voted NDP in General Election
- Voter Turnout: 27%
- News to come!!!
- Alberta PCs
- Alison Redford cancelled fall sitting of Alberta legislature, despite promising in her leadership bid to implement sweeping “change”
- Alberta’s legislature only sat for 50 days last year, compared to 83 in Quebec and 119 in Ottawa.
- Bill entrenches parental rights in Human Rights Act, allowing parents to pull kids out of classes they deem inappropriate.
- Redford would “re-evaluate” that policy. PCs trying to distance themselves from Wild Rose, perhaps?
- Oztara playing tonight, 10pm, at Le Divan Orange (4234 St-Laurent). Mix of influences, from Roma to Reggae to Latino and more. $10.
- Jonathan Richman (formerly of Modern Lovers) will be at La Sala Rossa (4848 St-Laurent), Saturday night. Doors open at 8pm. $18 + service charges if you buy in advance. $20 plus same if you buy at the door.
- Check out Open Mic Nights at Shaïka Café (5526 Sherbrooke West) in NDG every Tuesday at 8pm. Hey, you never know what you’ll hear.
- Likewise for Open Mic Nights at Café des Arts/Arts Café (201 Fairmount West, corner of Esplanade) in Mile-End every Tuesday. If you want to perform, sign-up is by 7:30pm. Event starts at 8pm.
- Also at the Arts Café is a University of the Streets Café discussion called “To err is human, can we succeed through failure?” This is a public conversation — Yo! It’s open to all! That’s not this Wednesday but the next, October 20th, from 7 to 9pm.