WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
To download the archived recording, click HERE
LISTEN TO THE SHOW IN iTUNES!!
Hosts: Craig Sauve, KenMcMurray
Special Contributors: Mike Werbowski, Joshua Hind; Tom
Amie’s Food Report – Lufa Farms
- Lufa Farms is the largest commercial rooftop greenhouse in the world, located in Montreal’s Marché Central is offering pesticide-free vegetable baskets for the Spring and summer seasons. Amie interviewed president and founder, Mohammed Hage and asked about the growing practices, what they grow in the greenhouse, and how this basket program differs from traditional Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) baskets.
- For more information on Lufa farms or to order a basket, you can go to their website www.lufa.com and follow the links.
- If you’re interested in farm-based Community Supported Agriculture baskets or a comparison of some of the prices, vegetables, and systems, check out Amie’s article on Midnight Poutine called “Community Supported Agriculture: Get Yourself a Montreal Summer Vegetable Basket” where you can also re-stream this interview with Mohamed Hage.
Municipal Headlines with Craig and Ken
- Lachine mayor Claude Dauphin (Union Montréal) sues city of Montréal for electronic espionnage
- 130-page report on racial profiling reveals serious problems. However, 93 recommendations are made.
- 7 new public markets to set-up shop on the Plateau
- David Cross on McDonalds and a working wage
Election 2011 – Understanding the NDP sweep in Quebec
Your Weekly Action Items
- Cyber Surveillance in Everyday Life
- People are freely giving up so much of their privacy and private/intimate information
- “Facebook is Stasi 2.0. We all give up even more information on ourselves and others than if we were conscious agents.”
- Hitchens vs. Chomsky vs. Moore vs. The World
- Montreal SAlsa Convention: It’s on now but there’s an especially big show happening Saturday May 14th 2011 at Metropolis. Artists include former world salsa champions Jhesus Aponte and Eddie Torrez. Expect hot latin beats and a vibrant party atmosphere.
- Doors open at 7:30
- Showtime starts at 9:00pm