WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
To download the archived recording, click HERE
LISTEN TO THE SHOW IN iTUNES!!
Hosts: Amie Watson, Craig Sauve
Special Contributors: Joshua Hind, Tom o
Technical Production: Amie Watson
Music from the show (in the order it was played)
- Les Handclaps – “J’aime CA”
- From the album “Ouh Ouh Ah”
Amie’s Food Report
- In-Studio Interview with Bobby Gregoire, spokesman of Slow Food Montreal
In Studio Interview – Heather Braiden
POD (Public Outreach and Dissemination)
- An update on student consultations with Pointe-St-Charles residents
Municipal Headlines w/ Craig Sauve
- Quebec budget for MTL:
- Nothing that targets the development in MTL.
- Nothing structuring or visionnary for the development of MTL.
- Except: the creation of an institute for ‘structured finance and derivative instruments’ -Casino Economy
- Tremblay asked for 5 cents extra in the gas tax over 5 years, he didn’t get it.
- English Montreal school board in major reorganization:
- Article on how the Sud-Ouest (esp the Griff) is cool. Duh.
- New bus line ‘41’ St. Michel/Ahuntsic:
- Mercier–Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough to review truck delivery bylaw:
- So, Champlain bridge might fall over…:
- Isn’t that interesting? The tories are holding an important press conference about it the very next day…I smell leak…
- Anti-Tremblay petition started:
- UdeM and STM work out neat deal:
- Even the Gazoo has some sympathy for protesters of COBP rally tuesday:
- Montréal to attack potholes:
- Building in old port has roof collapse:
- Centre St. Raymond:
- 3rd couche tard Unionizes
- Cops put on red caps in protest:
- Centre 7400 groups organize press conference:
- de la Gauchetière to close for CHUM construction:
- Contraband cigarette network in MTL quashed:
- A campaign looming to save churches in Verdun:
- Lack of democracy in Ville-Marie brought to fore in latest council:
- Carifest is back: EN BREF LA PRESSE JEUDI LE 17 MARS:
- CCFA: Caribean Cultural Festivities Association in stead of MCDF (Montreal Carnival Development Foundation)
In Studio Interview – The Liar Liar Comedy Show
The Hollywood Action Items
- The CKUT Hollywood Second…a minute would be too commercial
- Not all glitz and glamor in the Centre of the Entertainment World
- Election Bloodbath? – The Liberals get nasty, will we real lefties drop the gloves?
- Voice from within the Japanese nuclear power plant – do the work and google translate that stuff
- Germany says No Nukes, but it’s never really that simple…
- Expo Manger Santé et Vivez Vert
- One of CKUT’s programmers is organizing a silent film showing accompanied live piano. It is a benefit for Atwater Libraries educational programs
- March 27th at 7:00pm (doors at 6:30pm) pwyc (tax receipts issued for $15 or more), fundraiser for the library, should be over at 8:30pm. We’re showing Buster Keaton’s The General
- Building # 7 is almost ours!
- The ASC invites you to share a warm soup, hot chocolate, maple taffy on snow, music and some good news in front of Buidling # 7!
- This will be an occasion to share information on the negotiation process: believe it or not, we are closer than we’ve ever been to having Building # 7 handed over to the community.
- The fight for the cession of the building has been long and difficult, it is not over yet, and it will take a combination of all sorts of energies in order to bring life to the projects that could inhabit this space. Let’s talk about it, let’s dream about it!
- Let’s meet then on Saturday, March 19th, between 11 am and 2 pm, in front of Building # 7 – corner of Ste-Madeleine & Le Ber (in the south of the neighbourhood).
- Information sharing at 1 pm! (please bring a cup)
- Tomomi an intern in Spoken Word Department is organizing a cookie sale / fundraiser for the Japanese Earthquake victims.
- Saturday March 19 13h-17h
- 4260 Girouard (Villa Maria Metro)
- Tel: 514.903.8897
- Cookie of Japanese flavor—$5; Nail —$20; Handmade accessary —$5-10; Japanese Culture event “Calligraphy”——Free
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday