WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
To download the archived recording, click HERE
LISTEN TO THE SHOW IN iTUNES!!
Hosts: Amie Watson, Craig Sauve, Joshua Hind, Ken McMurray
Special Contributors: Rana Alrabi, Mike Werbowski, Tom o
Technical Production: Joshua Hind
Music from the show (in the order it was played):
- Charlie Angus and Andrew Cash – “Diamonds in the Snow”
Amie’s Food Report – In Studio Interview with Jon Steinman of “Deconstructing Dinner”
- Jon Steinman hosts the syndicated radio show, “Deconstructing Dinner”
- He will be in Montreal on Monday, Jan. 31st to talk about resilient food systems at McGill University (Leacock Building, room 26)
- Part of the unveiling of McGill’s first sustainability strategy for food
- FREE food!
- Followed by a behind the scenes look at McGill’s dining halls while sampling some of the campus chef’s local, sustainable food.
- Deconstructing Dinner website:
- McGill Food and Dining Sustainable Food Purchasing:
Mike Webowski’s Global Perspective
- Mike joins us again from Austria with his thoughts on:
- Instability, demonstrations in Albania ..another Tunisia?
- US China relations
- EU matters ( Hungary’s media law and its presidency of the EU)
- Some cultural notes about the celebration of Gustav Mahler centenary of his death 1911 and the 80 anniversary of the great Austrian author Thomas Bernhard..
Municipal Headlines with Craig Sauve and Ken McMurray
- City Council this week:
- Great article on Public Question period:
- Applebaum’s ridiculous declaration concerning the bedbug epidemic:
- Turcot: Union councillors approve Turcot
- Vision Montréal collecting funds through similar networks as Tremblay?
- Mayor in hot water over Gare viger deal
- Tremblay names Applebaum to Urban Planning on Exec.
- Turcot Poll:
- CMM to propose 23 Billion dollar transport plan focused on metro, commuter rail and bus development:
- Aubin adds his grain of salt:
- Half of Metropolitain region lives outside city of MTL limits:
- City to Spend 200$ Million on new arena (an inordinate amount of announcements on Monday to mask allegations…:
- 2 Years NOW of JdeM lockout:
Rana Alrabi – In Studio Interview
- Rana will speak with Amara Possian in the warmth of the CKUT studio about her experiences as 2010 TEDxMcGill presenter, as member of the Canadian Youth Delegation to the climate negotiations in Cancun, Mexico, and about her future plans to merge environmental education and conflict resolution.
Your Weekly Action Item
- New Conservative attack ads contain more lies than usual.
- Your Corporate masters don’t want you to have too much internet – sign the petition
- War, war everywhere
- We’re all BROKE…and from a certain perspective, Canada is more broke than the US!
- Important note: These figures represent the total debt (or securities) held by the public and doesn’t include intragovernmental holdings or securities which are held by the issuing government. The combination of both factors is called the Gross Public Debt.
- Conference on homelessness. Thu Feb 3 18h30 Atwater Library PUT ON BY TANDEM VILLE-MARIE
- 2 Annual Pellète-in. (Shovel-in) to promote the bridge’s bike path being open through the winter. Vélo365. Saturday jan 29th, 10h00. Jacques Cartier bridge corner of Lafayette and St-Laurent (Longueuil). Bring your own metal shovel!
- Les membres de la SGHP et ses amis sont cordialement invites au dévoilement de cinq plaques historiques produites par votre société
- le mercredi 26 janvier 2011 à 11 h
- au Centre de services communautaires du Monastère
- au 4450, rue Saint-Hubert (entrée par la rue Berri) – local 325 (3e étage)
- avec la participation de représentants de l’arrondissement du Plateau-Mont-Royal et de la Ville de Montréal
- Un vin d’honneur sera servi.
- cliquez ici pour voir l’invitation: http://www.histoireplateau.org/temoignages/plaques/fiches/phase1/plaquesinvitation20110126.pdf
- Si vous souhaitez y participer,
- veuillez confirmer votre présence au : 514 527-6702