WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
To download the archived recording, click HERE
Hosts: Joshua Hind, Ken McMurray
Special Contributors: Amie Watson, Tom o
Technical Production: Joshua Hind
Music from the show (in the order it was played):
- Godspeed You Black Emporer! – “Gathering Storm”
- The Mountains and the Trees – “My Favourite Sweater (Happy Holidays)”
- The Stills – “Of Montreal”
- The Unicorns – “Tuff Ghost”
- Wolf Parade – “I’ll Believe in Anything”
- Arcade Fire – “Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
More Music – Midnight Poutine’s Top Montreal Albums of the Decade!
Amie’s Food Report
- Jigg’s Dinner: Defined!
The Out of Control Bit of Filler!
- We had a guest cancel and were forced, at the last minute, to fill in the time with…something. So I put up a note on my Facebook and Twitter asking for ideas about how to fill the time. The results were so bad, we decided to just talk about all the ways in which we will NOT be filling the time.
- “Grandma got run over by a reindeer” played 4 times
- Talk about Texas
- Talk about the Habs
- Perform a dramatic reading of Stairway to Heaven
- Order a pizza on the air
- Tell some Fart Jokes
- Do a drum solo
- Rant about Christmas
- Play the Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s Christmas album
- Talk about Moe Norman
- List the ways in which our families have disappointed us throughout the year
- Take phone calls
Municipal Headlines with Ken McMurray
- The Angus Development Society may reconsider demolishing the Café Cleopatra
- Citizens’ group forms in Snowdon to oppose new condo project
- First Mercier – Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, now the Plateau: Luc Ferrandez wants to reduce the number of VLT machines in his borough
- Concordia Prez shown the door
- Plateau not interested in naming anything after Richler
- Bid-rigging: Caught with hands in cookie jar.
- A bit of Westmount to be taken over by Montreal?
- Projet Montreal leader speaks out on salaries at City Hall
- Montreal’s happy wanderer now gone
CKUT News HEADLINES
- Democracy Now is on holiday, so we’re bringing you the news ourselves today!!
- US APPROVES NEW START TREATY
- G20 COP FACES CHARGES
- DON’T ASK DON’T TELL GET REPEALED
- NEW SETTLEMENTS BEING BUILT ON THE WEST BANK
News of the World with Josh’s Dad, Jerry Hind
- Mike Werbowski is on holiday, so we asked Josh’s Dad (an historian working on a book World War 1 war stories) to call in and give his opinions on a few things
Josh’s Holiday Action Items
- No Agenda Foots – Can you solve the mystery???
- Read up on a new Senator – he’s grrrrrrrreat
- Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell – West Wing clip
- Christmas Podcast Rundown – Podcasts to get you through the holidays
- Jordan Jesse Go – http://maximumfun.org/
- Judge John Hodgman – http://maximumfun.org/
- WTF with Marc Maron (still the best) – http://wtfpod.com/
- Jay and Silent Bob Get Old – http://smodcast.com/getold/
- The Ethicist – NY Times – http://www.nytimes.com/ref/multimedia/podcasts.html