Another terrific Friday comes with another action packed Friday Morning After
WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW LIVE??
To listen to the show LIVE, click HERE
DID YOU MISS THE SHOW?
Missed the show? To download the archived recording, click HERE
Music from the show (in the order it was played)
- Paul Cargnello – Une Rose Noire http://www.paulcargnello.com/
- Matt Stern – I Wanna See You http://www.mattstern.com/
Amie’s Food Report
- Parisa Restaurant
IN STUDIO: Patrick Barnard
- Patrick joins us in studio to discuss development in the St. Henri/NDG/Westmount area on the theme of “Increases and Decreases”
- Turcot will increase car traffic by 20%
- The Super-Hospital – more machines, fewer beds
- Westmount Arena – big ecological hit for a hockey rink
- How are the needs of citizen and the ambitions of developers diverging?
Municipal Headlines with Ken McMurray and Craig Sauve
- Il faut chaud dans le métro video:
- Criminals switching specialties:
- City councillor, Laval Demers, for Côte-de-Liesse district (Union MTL- borough of Saint-Laurent) passes away at young age of 57. A renown community activist, Demers was first elected in a byelection in 2004. We offer our condolences to his friends and family. Byelection to take place November 21, 2010.
- Pie IX reserved bus lane to cost 30 Million$
- Shell Refinery still has hope as QC steps in:
- A car-free Griffintown asks Owen Rose:
- If Westmount wants Bixi, they gotta fork over the cash:
- Will 2-22 st. catherine’s get off the ground? Tremblay is antsy as La Société Angus is waiting for Ottawa to confirm its committment:
- Me Marcel Blanchet, DGEQ, retires:
- Marc Parent to review Anti-Gang ‘Eclipse Squad’:
- Tony Magi arrested on weapons charges:
- Le CHUM «Une Tragédie Québecoise» affirm 2 ex-leaders of the dossier. I question the pertinence of such a sortie at the time wen the work starts.
- Highlights from City council:
- VM and UM vote against adding AC condition in tendering of contract for new metros. 50 more years without AC…
- PM’s motion for the city to reserve a place for a future school development in Griffintown also thwarted.
- Marianopolis development sparks debate, but ultimately sets precedent that will forbid any new construction on the mountain
- VM embarrassed by proposing motion for which there is already a bylaw in place.
- Cheap (yet valid) attacks on Harel’s having made request for Condo in development she took position against.
- All 3 parties ally to demand changes to QC’s Cities and Towns Law which would clarify citizen initiative referenda (re: Sergakis mega bar)
- Mayor slides in news at end of council about the Big Os roof: retractability now an option in the tendering.
IN STUDIO: Stefan Christoff of Tadamon
- Stefan comes in to discuss an upcoming concert in support of Palestinian rights
YOUR WEEKEND ACTION ITEMS
- Long gun registry wrap up
- Fall out for rural Libs and NDP?
- Toronto’s race for mayor has turned into a full-blown nightmare
- Whitey’s losing his grip on power and it pisses him off
- A few thoughts on the upcoming federal election…SURPRISE!!
- “Our conservative government”
- “The coalition”
- “The wasteful gun registry”
- and other myths
- Last chance for Reefer Madness
- Ste. Geneviève district byelection: voting takes place Sunday 10h-20h at École Ste. Geneviève
- Habitat for Humanity event in Gadbois park, saturday 12h-15h
- Plant-exchange in NDG park. Saturday 12h-14h. Organized by Éco-Quartier NDG. Get in touch with them to sign-up.
- Handicap International Canada invites you drop some shoes off at the pyramid of shoes in Phillips Square from 11h-18h on saturday to protest the use of Land Mines.
- QPIRG McGill: workshop on Cultural Appropriation with Jessica Yee. Friday 14h-17h. Shatner Building, Lev Buckman room (2nd floor)
- Stefan Christoff’s event